Documentation for Attention Disabilities
Health care providers should submit the following information to email@example.com. Documentation may be faxed to 509-335-8511 (confidential fax).
Although the more generic term Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) is frequently used,
the official nomenclature used in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-V) or successive editions, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), will be used in this document.
Documentation should show current impact of the disability. The following guidelines are provided in the interest of assuring that the evaluation and report are appropriate for documenting eligibility and identifying appropriate academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids.
Documentation should include:
- A DSM-V or ICD diagnosis of ADHD
- Assessments should be performed at the adult level, however child level testing performed within 2 years of submission will also be considered.
- A summary of assessment procedures and evaluation instruments used to make the diagnosis, including evaluation results and standardized scores if applicable.
- A description of the current impact/limitations of the disability with specific focus on barriers to the educational environment.
- Information on any medications being used and their side effects.
Documentation should be from a qualified healthcare provider and include:
- Contact information
- License number
- Signature or electronic signature
Disability and medical information is confidential and is not shared except where disclosure is required by law or is necessary to facilitate legitimate University processes, including granting appropriate accommodations, addressing direct threats, or investigating claims or charges.
Questions or concerns regarding documentation requirements can be directed to our staff at 509-335-3417 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Documentation may be uploaded directly into their Application [MyAccess], emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 509-335-8511, or mailed:
217 Washington Building
PO Box 642322
Pullman, WA 99164-2322