Documentation for Health and Physical Disabilities
Health care providers should submit the following information to email@example.com. Documentation may be faxed to 509-335-8511 (confidential fax).
- Diagnosis of the disability/health condition.
- A description of the current impact or limitations of the disability/health condition, focusing on barriers in the student’s educational environment.
- If the condition is episodic, please help us understand the impact by including:
- Triggers and warning symptoms of onset
- Symptoms experienced during an episode
- Frequency and duration of episodes
- Care plan for management
- Side effects of medication on the student's ability to meet the demands of the postsecondary environment (physical, perceptual, behavioral, or cognitive).
- A description of the expected progression or stability of the disability over time.
- Optional: Suggestions of academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids with supporting evidence may be included. The final determination for providing appropriate academic adjustments and auxiliary aids rests with the WSU Pullman Access Advisor.
Documentation should be from a qualified healthcare provider and include:
- Contact information
- License number
- Signature or electronic signature
Disability and medical information is confidential and is not shared except where disclosure is required by law or is necessary to facilitate legitimate University processes, including granting appropriate accommodations, addressing direct threats, or investigating claims or charges.
Questions or concerns regarding documentation requirements can be directed to our staff at 509-335-3417 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Documentation may be uploaded directly into their Application [MyAccess], emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 509-335-8511, or mailed:
217 Washington Building
PO Box 642322
Pullman, WA 99164