Cougar Accessible Transport Van
How to get started:
- Stop in, give us a call at (509) 432-4875, or e-mail the Van Scheduler at email@example.com to give us your contact information. We require a valid WSU e-mail address to use for official correspondence.
- We need documentation or a doctor’s note stating that you will require van services. You can provide this to us via fax, mail, or you can give it to the van driver during your first week of rides. Without documentation we will discontinue your rides after the first week.
- We need to know when and where you need rides. When you put together your schedule, include ALL rides, including return trips. Please Note: Only the Van Scheduler can approve changes in your ride schedule, and approve rides.
- We require notification at least 3 business hours before the van ride. For scheduling regular, on-going rides, please provide the scheduler at least 2 business days’ notice. Schedule requests submitted after 3pm will be addressed the following business day. Without proper notice, we may not be able to accommodate your rides. Even with proper notice, rides are given on a first-come, first-served basis. The sooner you submit your ride request, the more likely you are to receive your rides.
- Inform the Van Scheduler of any changes in your contact information.
Van Policies and Procedures:
Policies and Procedures have been updated!
- Our service area is limited to campus facilities and Greek housing only. We cannot provide transportation to or from any other locations.
- Be on time for your rides. We will not call you when we arrive; we expect you to be waiting. We have a 10 minute window between most rides, and we will at most wait 5 minutes before marking you as a no-show. This 5 minute wait is NOT guaranteed, however. Calling after the fact does not remove a no-show.
- If you are marked as a no-show, all subsequent rides for that day will be cancelled, unless you contact us to let us know otherwise.
- If you accumulate 3 no-shows, your service will be suspended until you and the CAT service come to an agreement on how you’ll be present for your rides in the future.
- If you still manage to get another no-show, your service will be terminated.
- If you are unable to make your scheduled ride time, call the Scheduler’s cellphone at (509) 432-4875 at least 30 minutes prior to cancel your ride, or reschedule. We cannot guarantee that you will arrive to class on time when this occurs, however.
- Any schedule change requests must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the day before. Since ride times are assigned on a first come, first served basis, you might not get the time you desire.
- You may not bring friends along for the ride. An exception might be made for those whose injuries or disabilities prevent them from carrying their own books to class; your doctor’s note must reflect this need, and only one additional passenger will ever be allowed.
- No open containers of food or drink are allowed.